Libelium is offering new technical support channels, to contact with de Technical Support team to solve any issue our doubt please contact with your sales agent or visit our contact site

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Configuring the LoRaWAN for P2P with another LoRa
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:02 pm 

I am having trouble configuring my LoRaWAN module on the arduino uno. I am trying to configure a P2P communication with my LoRaWAN module to a LoRa (no WAN) on another arduino board. I have already used the example code provided with the library (LoRaWAN_P2P_0#...) and they have failed to properly setup the board.

Specifically, I have to configure the board to 57600 baud rate to eliminate garbage print statements, since looking at the library .cpp file the .ON(socket) function changes the _baudrate = 57600 (line 283). Doing this, the .ON(socket) function returns a 0, so this works.

However, .macPause() gives an error code of 2 when I use it after the .ON(socket) function. Subsequent config functions such as setRadioPower(), etc. return 1's.

Let me know if you have any insight into the problem. Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Configuring the LoRaWAN for P2P with another LoRa
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:32 am 

Hi mrsunny,

You project is not possible.

The LoRa module and the LoRaWAN module are not compatible because the protocols are different. The LoRa module implements a simple link protocol, created by Libelium. However, the LoRaWAN module runs the LoRaWAN protocol, a much richer and more advanced protocol, created by the LoRa Alliance.

Regards

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:59 am 

Right now I am experimenting with a couple of cards from different vendors (Dragino and Pycom). Both use Semtech transceivers (SX1272 and SX1276). Do you offer enough access to the low level configuration of the transceiver so that it would be possible to interoperate with other vendors in raw p2p mode?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:15 am 

Hi Bergante,

We have never test our modules with other vendor modules... sorry.

Regards

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:20 am 

I understand. What I mean is, giving enough access to low level configuration so that others can do it if needed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:17 am 

Hi Bergante,

All the software that we provide is open-source, you can view each line of the library. You can implement you project with that information.

Also we provide LoRaWAN pinout to use the module with other platforms.

Regards

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]